PowerCenter Enterprise Grid Option
Numerous users, countless volumes of data, and - simultaneously - constant need for providing timely and accurate data. How is it possible to keep it payable? The answer is PowerCenter Enterprise Grid Option - a solution that's designed for facilitating the process of responding to changing conditions that impact data. Enterprise Grid Option reduces the need for data mapping modifications, making the process faster and easier. With less times there's data mapping modification needed, PowerCenter solutions reduces the overall cost of solution scaling. It's possible thank to supporting enterprise data integration with grid computing architecture.
Enterprise Grid Option features
The key features of PowerCenter Enterprise Grid Option are:
- Session and workflow on grid. Basically, it allows to spread a single session processing among numerous server nodes (on a grid). As a consequence, grows the cost-effectiveness - low-cost hardware is used for supporting data integration demands. Finally, increased investments in processing capacity allow to disable the limitations in the PowerCenter platform scalability.
- Adaptive load balance. While facing spikes in data, adaptive load balance guarantees smooth operations. Moreover, there's no single node aligned to each session – the best one is chosen dynamically and the criteria are availability and requirements. Finally, it factors on metrics that are based on cost – process size, CPU utilization, memory requirements, so on and so forth.
- High availability which might be ensured thank to PowerCenter self monitoring. Such self control ensures the incessant monitoring and the shortest time needed for recovery processes.
- Dynamic partitioning helps making the best use of currently accessible nodes. Thank to no logic involvement requirement, nodes might be dynamically controlled. By adapting to available resources, it also helps increasing the performance of the whole Informatica platform.
- Web based administration interface. It simplifies the usage significantly and reduces the cost needed for deployment at the same time. In general, such interface allows users to keep the incessant control on the grids, nodes, services, and resources. What's important, all these things can be controlled from within a single console what also facilitates the work.
- Integration with Data Integration Platform. PowerCenter Enterprise Grid Option is well prepared for sharing most of functionality with other tools within the platform. The whole integration is driven automatically and – simultaneously – more than one operating system may be used. Finally, integration capabilities help sharing resources among different areas of the platform.
Enterprise Grid Option benefits
While reacting to changing business conditions, every second could be important. Thereupon, PowerCenter Enterprise Grid Option is prepared for shortening the time needed for introducing changes. By allowing differentiated applications to access data resources, Enterprise Grid Option makes a great step forward along its road to ultimate business responsiveness. Deep down the solution, complex but transparent architecture boosts system's reliability. Simultaneously, the IT productivity is enabled to grow.