What is the IBM Information Server startup sequence?
The Information Server startup sequence need to be preserved to avoid errors.
- The startup steps are as follows:
- Metadata Server startup - from the Microsoft Windows start menu (start the server option) or type startup serverx in the profile bin directory where serverx is the default name of the application server hosting the MetaData server
- Start the ASB agent - by default it is set to start during the system startup. To start it manually, go to the Information Server folder in the Start menu and click Start the agent. It is only required when the Infosphere components (Datastage and Metadata server) work on different servers.
- Execute Administration and Reporting consoles by clicking the Information Server Web Console icon.
- Double click the DataStage and QualityStage client icon to begin the ETL development
Back to the Infosphere certification (Datastage, QualityStage and Information Analyzer) materials and study guides